To download applications to our smartphone or tablet, Android users usually resort to the official Google Play store, because it is installed by default on our mobile, because we are more comfortable and because we trust what we can offer Google.
But if you go from the Google Store or just do not have it installed on your phone (can happen if you use Cyanogenmod or bought a Chinese cell phone half-known), you should know that there are other Android markets, just as decent or even better than the official developed In Mountain View.
And in those stores we can find all kinds of apps: those that have not passed the cut of Google or are simply rejected because they go against some of its services, such as applications to download videos from YouTube, or even free versions Of paid applications.
An alternative Android market at Mobogenie height.
And to this day, Aptoide is the best all of them and the most solid alternative to the Play Store. It includes millions of applications ready to be downloaded and installed by the user in APK format and also allows developers to make their products known by creating their own application store.
How Does Aptoid Work? How to install it on our Android? How to add repositories?
As expected, this app is not available on Google Play, but installing it on our smartphone or tablet is as simple as making your APK through its official website or the download link we offer. Its operation is also very simple. Simply download the application to start downloading applications from this alternative store. It does not require registrations, although creating a free account gives us some added advantages.
Easy to install and even easier to use.
Once we open the app we can begin to dive among its millions of applications, from Google Play classics like Pokémon GO, Geometry Dash or Minecraft PE, to prohibited programs in the Google market like Tubemate or Lucky Patcher.
A simple touch on the button of Install will suffice to have in a few seconds the app that we want in our smartphone. Of course, you must activate the option to allow installation from unknown sources in order to enjoy all these applications.
That, as for the official repository by default of the application. But one of the most notorious features of this tool is to download apps and games from other stores developed by users like you or me, which are called repositories. To add a new one, simply follow these steps.
- Step 1. Go to the Stores tab in the top bar of the interface.
- Step 2. Click on the + button.
- Step 3. Write the name of the repository to add or select from the list with the most popular stores.
- Step 4. Click the Follow button to have direct access to the applications published in that store.
There are hundreds of different repositories including apps, milaupv, darkkiller or mark 8, the latter being the place where users can download a free version of the popular mobile game Minecraft Pocket Edition that is usually a paid application.
- Millions of APKs to download directly to your phone.
- Thousands of applications that you can not find in any other market.
- Free apps that Google Play would pay for.
- Possibility of searching for themed stores.
- Security improvements due to the ease of introducing viruses into the apps of this store.
- Built-in browser to easily find any application.
- Discover apps highlighted, recommended by the publisher or the most popular of the moment.
- Update tab to see if you have the latest version of your apps installed.
- Lite version promises to be the fastest application store in the world.
- Store Tab to add repositories created by third parties.
Aptoide vs Mobogenie and Blackmart. Which is better?
Obviously this tool is not unique in its kind. There are several applications that work as an alternative store to Google Play to offer us millions of free apps that we can not find in the official Google store or, if we find them, we would have to pay to use them.
One of the most popular is definitely Mobogenie, an application very similar to the one that we are in the hands, but even more complete if it fits. We say this because it not only allows us to download and install apps and games on our Android device, but we will also have access to a lot of songs in MP3 format, ebooks and, more importantly, lets us download videos from YouTube from the Same application.
As for Blackmart or Blackmarket, maybe an alternative less well known than the previous two, but not worse. In fact its most loyal users defend it by saying that the number of applications available is greater than in other options and does not require repositories (the download of applications is centralized in a single store), although on the contrary may present some instability, since Currently only available in an alpha version.
Seeing all these features, it becomes clear that having this APK installed on our Android device is practically an obligation. What if we have an iPhone? Unfortunately aptoside iOS still does not exist, nor does it look like it exists. Users of apple brand smartphones do not know what they are missing.
What’s new in the latest version
- Stability improvements and error resolution.
Requirements and additional information:
- Requires Android 2.3.3 or higher operating system.
- Installing the app using the APK file requires the activation of the “Unknown sources” option under Settings> Applications.