Facebook Download Android App
Social networking is a concept that exists even before the arrival of the Internet. What happens is that with the irruption of this in schools and work first and in homes after, they have been developing in the online world to the point where we know them today. Much of the responsibility is borne by Mark Zuckerberg and the company he runs from Menlo Park in Silicon Valley: it is none other than Facebook, a social network that has become an ecosystem of its own within the web capable of taming a Giant as Google as far as information management is concerned.
The Internet window of millions of users
And it has become the way in which users from all over the world access the Internet: all the content they consume is served through this social network where they can from being in contact with friends and acquaintances to read the News, watch videos or know the weather forecast. It is therefore obvious that you had to go beyond the web browser on PC, Mac or Linux and jump to smartphones and tablets with the application for mobile devices.
What do we find in the Android version?
Basically it is about offering the same service that was obtained from the desktop of a computer but on a mobile phone. This way anyone can use this service anywhere … because you have to keep in mind that a high percentage of Internet users are connected exclusively from their phones.
This mobile version responds to users who only access the Internet through smartphones or tablets.
- Check out the activity of your friends and users and pages you follow.
- Update your status.
- Share photos, videos and documents stored on your phone.
- Receive notifications with the activity generated by your publications or with the news of those profiles you follow.
- Comment on the wall of other users and reply comments.
- Play the games integrated in the social network.
- Set your own profile photo.
- Relay live streaming video.
- Manage your profile and your pages.
Instant messaging and free phone calls
This is one of the functions that many users miss since it was possible until some time ago to chat from the Android client itself. However, to further expand its instant messaging and chat application, Zuckerberg’s forced the user to install their messenger that assumes these functions as well as another, such as free phone calls using VoIP protocol.
Does it consume many resources?
Well this is one of the hits that is attributed to the mobile version: it consumes a lot of phone battery as well as data. It can be solved in two ways: by installing the Lite version (which you can find in Malavida), which is a lighter version that allows performing basic functions, or creating a shortcut on the homescreen of the phone to the web page and accessing from the browser. Both allow you to enjoy your user profile and its different functions but with a lower consumption of resources.
What’s new in the latest version
- No changelog has been published with news.
Requirements and additional information:
- Some named options may not be available depending on the device and version of Android being used.
- The size of the application, the version and the operating system required will vary depending on the device being used.