What was born in 2010 as a simple application to edit photos, apply filters and share them with our friends, over the years has become one of the most important social networks on the planet, up to Facebook or Twitter. We talked about Instagram, the photography platform created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger in which millions of users, including some of the world’s best known celebrities, post photos and videos of their daily lives.
The ultimate application for sharing and retouching photos.
And as it could not be otherwise, the social network of photos par excellence also has its own mobile application for iPhone and iPad. In fact, it was just iOS platform for which Instagram was created that, due to its popularity, would eventually develop web, Android and Windows Phone versions later. In it we can access all the functions that have made this social network one of the most popular: publish photos, videos, apply filters, follow other users and like other publications.
From Instagram’s mobile application for iPhone and iPad you can access the following features and features from your mobile device:
- Set a profile photo and modify your personal data.
- Publish photos and videos in your profile taken directly with the camera or imported from your gallery.
- Make all kinds of basic edits on photos and apply a wide range of filters.
- Add text and pictures to your photos before posting, as well as fun stickers.
- Follow other users of the social network and find new people thanks to the Explore feature.
- Find out about the posts and stories posted by your friends.
- Check out all the photos and videos you’ve been tagged with.
- Dale Like and comment on the photos and videos of the users you follow.
- Ability to merge multiple video clips into one.
- New Instagram Stories mode to share posts that disappear after 24 hours.
- A possibility of transmitting live streaming video to the purest Facebook style.
- Send files or messages to friends or groups of friends in particular using the Direct function.
- Save photos and videos you want to see again in the future in your favorites section.
- Use hashtags to indicate the topics that your posts are related to.
- Instagram Stories and Instagram Direct
- Among all the functions mentioned above, perhaps two are the most remarkable for their novelty and popularity. We talked about Stories and Direct.
Instagram Stories: This is a shamelessly copied functionality of Snapchat and other ephemeral messaging applications in which we can share photos and videos that are of limited duration. After 24 hours, those publications will disappear forever and will never appear in our profile or timeline, making it the ideal method to share trivia or nonsense of our daily life.
Instagram Direct: With this feature, the social photography network aims to incorporate an instant messaging system to your application. It does not work exactly like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, but the concept is the same: being able to send messages, videos, photos, files or locations to one or more users at a time, that only they can see.
Who uses Instagram?
Well, practically everyone. That you still do not use it? Well you must be one of the few that have not yet been released on this platform, because today it is estimated that has more than 500 million users. And although the prototype user is usually a young person or teenager (the terms and conditions indicate that you must have a minimum of 13 years of age), it is also widely used by brands and celebrities to get even closer to their audience.Hence we find from singers like Alaska, Shakira, Alejandro Sanz or Selena Gomez to characters from the Spanish show business like Makoke, Dulceida, Ylenia or Bea of Big Brother, passing sportsmen of the stature of Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi. As you can see, there is room for everyone in this social network