If you want to provide multimedia capability to your PC it is imperative that you install a good program called “Media Center”. But if you are looking for a compact and simple application, while powerful, to watch your movies the best ally of your team will be SMPlayer.
“A multimedia player with built-in codecs”.
With this player (based on MPlayer) you have the possibility to play videos, movies on DVD or music, all from the same application.
- Playing media files from CDs, DVDs or files stored on the hard disk.Intuitive interface, customizable through skins.
- Configuration of the handling of the application through keyboard shortcuts or mouse gestures.
- Creating playlists.
- Compatibility with various subtitle formats (srt, sub …).
- Modification of a large number of subtitle display parameters.
- Choice of preferred audio language and subtitle language for multi-channel movie playback.
- Possibility of improving the video display, activating the post-processing option.
- Equalization of the sound and also of the video.
- Capture screens.
- Synchronization of image and sound, where necessary.
- Support for managing multimedia formats: 3GP, AC3, APE, ASF, AVI, BIN, DAT, DivX, FLV, ISO, MOV, MP3, MP4, MKV, MPEG, OGG, SWF, RM, WAV and WMV among others.
One more interesting option is intelligent movie playback: if you start viewing a multimedia file, but you have to close the application for any reason, when you return you can continue where you left off.
If you want to change your media player for a complete and configurable program, SMPlayer is presented as a very suitable alternative.